Kamal was born and raised in Ireland. After finishing primary school at J.F.K Memorial he went on to complete his leaving certificate at the Ardscoil Ris all-boys Catholic secondary school in Limerick city, where he grew up.
He got his first job as a paperboy when he was 13 years old. At 16, he enlisted as a part-time reservist in the Irish Defense Forces and was a serving member for over 9 years.
At 18 Kamal attended the Limerick Institute of Technology to study Electronic Engineering but dropped out of the college in his first year to fund his way through flight school. He got his private pilots license when he was just 19 years old. He returned to college at 21 and earned a professional qualification in Resource Management while working as a recruitment consultant in the engineering & pharmaceutical sector, which he continued until he was 23.
Kamal began modeling at the age of 19 to further fund his pilot studies. At 23 he was entered into the Mr. Ireland contest, which he won. The following year in March 2010, he flew to South Korea to represent Ireland at Mr. World, the worlds largest and most famous, ‘boot camp' styled contest. Out of the 74 countries that took part Kamal placed first and was crowned Mr. World “The worlds most desirable man”.
He spent the following 2 years traveling the world as the global ambassador for the Mister World Organization and has raised over $3,000,000.00 for good causes in that time.
In January 2011 Kamal turned his attention to television. He attended The Park Studio in Dublin and Aspire Presenting in London to learn about television production and train as a television presenter. In the summer of 2011 he enrolled at the Met Film School in Ealing studios in London to train as an actor for film & television, he also received vocal training at the London Academy of Media, Film & Television while working intermittently as an online game show presenter for Gold Rush TV.
Kamal stayed in London until March 2012 before moving to Australia. He returned to recruitment until he got settled but quickly left the profession and found work as an actor, model and presenter through several agencies in Sydney.
Kamal’s presenting career progressed in 2012 when was selected to host Mr. World with Myleene Klass. In 2013 he co-hosted a six-part documentary series on RTÉ called ‘In Your Shoes’ and signed a contract with the National Lottery to host their weekly live draws, which also aired on RTÉ. In September 2013 Kamal was paired up once again with Myleene to host the Miss World final, which was broadcast live from Bali, Indonesia and aired to an audience of over 1 billion viewers via the official broadcaster RCTI and their international partners.
In 2012, while still in Sydney, Kamal was cast in the role of 'Noah' in the short film ’40 Cent Prophecy’ which was submitted to the Australian short film festival 'Tropfest'. He finally made his professional acting debut when he was cast by producer Robert C Kelly and the University Concert Hall to play the lead role in the 2013 Christmas pantomime ‘Aladdin’, which had 35 successful runs.
As well as hosting the National Lottery, Kamal is currently working on format development and is writing a number of feature documentaries for the 2016 Irish commissioning rounds.
- Presenter Credits
- Kamal currently presents the National Lottery draws every Wednesday & Saturday on RTE ONE
- Host of the Miss World 2013 final - live from Bali, Indonesia | Sept 2013
- Co-host of the documentary series ‘In Your Shoes’ for RTE ONE - Sept 2013
- Entertainment correspondent on ‘Two Tube’ for RTE | 2011 - 2012
- Co-host of the Toy’s for Big Boys EXPO - Nov 2011
- Presenter for Variety's 24hour live telethon on ABC’s channel 5 - March 2011
- Guest presenter at the 2010 IMTV Video Awards
- Host of the Miss Ireland Pageant - Sept 2010
- Events correspondent for the online channel ilovelmerick.com - 2010
- Actor Credits
- Lead role in ‘Aladdin’ (Theatre) – Produced by Robert C Kelly 2012/2013
- Lead role in ’40 Cent Prophecy’ – A short film directed by Eman El Shafel - 2012
- Supporting role in ‘Let Your Hair Down’ – A short film Directed by Seun Agbelusi – 2011
- Nominations and Awards
- Nominated for the ‘Most Stylish Man’ at the Pater Mark VIP Style Awards
- Nominated as the ‘Style Icon’ at the Joe.ie 2010 Men of the Year Awards
- Kamal was a 2010 person of the year nominee for his philanthropic work as Mr. World
- Kamal was named Limerick person of the month in October 2010 for his charitable work